Equity Corps of Oregon is an effort to facilitate universal representation so that every eligible Oregonian can defend against an unjust or unfair deportation or civic exclusion on account of immigration status. The capacitation grant supports CBOs in creating legal infrastructure (policies, protocols, practices, libraries, etc) and applying for recognition through the U.S. Department of Justice’s Recognition & Accreditation Program. It provides stipends to support training non-lawyer staff to be able to capably and competently provide affirmative and defensive immigration services. Through the capacitation of CBOs to support and provide legal services via the US DOJ Recognition/Accreditation program, more ECO participants will be served, thus improving overall individual and community outcomes.
Build organizational capacity to deliver sustainable, quality immigration legal services to Oregon immigrant, refugee, and migrant communities to end immigration legal precarity that contributes to household destabilization by creating specific policies, protocols.
- Confidentiality Policy Template
- Case Opening & Closing & File Retention Policy Template
- Conflict Checking Policy & Protocol Template
- Calendaring & Docketing Protocol & System Template
- Client Funds & Property Policy Template
- Time-keeping Policy & Protocol Template
- Internal Quality Review Protocol Template
- Legal Quality Review Protocol Template
- Training, Education & Skills Building Policy Template
The templates are provided for informational or planning purposes only. Equity Corps of Oregon, Innovation Law Lab, and Oregon Worker Relief are not liable for any errors, omissions, or defects in the policies or protocols. They are provided as-is.